Customers can get a Walmart store card on instant basis. Simply apply online or in store, and check the status by calling at 1 (877) 294-7880. Walmart store card is basically a credit card that could only be used in Walmart store or www.walmart.com. You cannot use it anywhere like MasterCard. So, have shopping, and pay bills only on Walmart store nearest location.
Basic Requirements for Application:
- There are some basic eligibility criteria you have to meet before you went on applying for Walmart credit card. First of all, you must have reasonable credit history and credit store more than 640 points is enough. However, Walmart is very flexible with your FICO Score unless you’re involved with very clear fraudulent activity. Therefore, don’t forget to check your credit reports and rectify any potential error that might restrict your application.
- Remember, its not about Walmart but a credit card issuer (in this case, Synchrony Bank) that might become hurdle in your instant approval. Because Walmart store card is issued by Synchrony, and I am sure that you will not like that Synchrony would pull from TransUnion, Equifax or Experian.
- Finally, lets talk about some basic requirements. That are simple as you must be 18+ years old, and have a U.S. mailing address and SSN.
Apply for Walmart Store Card Online
- Visit the official login page of Walmart account and login with your credentials. Here, navigate to the application form page. Fill the form with correct required information and submit your application. You’ll get a temporary card number that you can use to make purchases right away.
Apply for Walmart Store Card in Store
- Locate the Walmart store near you and visit the customers desk (at the register or at the jewelry counter) in person. Provide the necessary documents & information to the representative. On approval you’ll get a temporary card on the spot. However, on the denial, you can contact Synchrony or Walmart customer service.
In some cases, you don’t get Walmart credit card instant approval. Don’t be so worried, because it might take another week or two to hear back. In that case, once you’re approved, it’ll take 7-10 business days to receive your card by US Postal Service at your mailing address.